Once you need to update your current WordPress theme version or switch to another theme, some of your current widgets may be erased or get shifted while child theme activation.
Our recommendations are:
1. Switch back to the parent theme where widgets look normal
2. Install and activate this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-settings-importexport/
3. Go to Tools -> Widget settings export and export widget settings in a .json file
4. Switch to the child theme, widgets will get messed up again
5. Go to Tools -> Widget settings import and import the previously created .json file choosing to override the existing widget settings
That’s it, your widgets will be fine then. Feel free to save generated .json file on your local PC. This will give an opportunity to restore widgets anytime.