Since version 5.0 some of the Handy’s functionality has been moved from the theme itself to plugins.
Once you update from a lower version to Handy version 5.0 or higher you need to:
1. Install, and activate the Handy Feature Pack plugin. You will be able to find this file (handy-feature-pack.zip) in the required plugins folder of your theme folder. In your WordPress dashboard go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload plugin and choose handy-feature-pack.zip from your hard drive to install and activate the plugin. In future this plugin needs to be re-installed with each theme update.
2. Install and activate Kirki Toolkit plugin. The theme will suggest to install it. You can also download and install Kirki manually: https://wordpress.org/plugins/kirki/
General theme update algorithm is the following:
1. Create a full backup of your site. All site files and the database. You should do this to be able to restore the site in case of an unsuccessful update.
2. Through your WordPress dashboard update plugins to their latest version. At least the very important ones, like WooCommerce.
3. Through your WordPress dashboard switch your site to a neutral theme, like Twenty Seventeen.
4. If you made customization in the theme you want to update, make sure that customization is going to be moved to the new updated version of the theme. Otherwise you may loose it. If the customization was significant you may want to use the help of an experienced developer to properly move it to the updated theme version.
5. Download the latest theme version from Envato. Prepare it for the upload.
6. Delete the old theme in your WordPress dashboard or via FTP/SSH.
7. Upload the new updated version of the theme via WordPress dashboard or FTP/SSH.
8. Activate it (or child theme, if you use one) in your WordPress dahsboard.
9. Finish moving customization if any.
Please contact our support team if you encounter problems with your theme update.44