This is a list of issues you may encounter when using Handy WooCommmerce theme version 5.0 and higher. Most of these issues will be gone soon. Please note that this article is going to be updated with new materials. If you observe the problem which is not in this list – please create a ticket at https://themeszone.freshdesk.com132
Since version 5.0 some of the Handy’s functionality has been moved from the theme itself to plugins.
Once you update from a lower version to Handy version 5.0 or higher you need to:
1. Install, and activate the Handy Feature Pack plugin. You will be able to find this file (handy-feature-pack.zip) in the required plugins folder of your theme folder. In your WordPress dashboard go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload plugin and choose handy-feature-pack.zip from your hard drive to install and activate the plugin. In future this plugin needs to be re-installed with each theme update.
2. Install and activate Kirki Toolkit plugin. The theme will suggest to install it. You can also download and install Kirki manually: https://wordpress.org/plugins/kirki/
General theme update algorithm is the following:
1. Create a full backup of your site. All site files and the database. You should do this to be able to restore the site in case of an unsuccessful update.
2. Through your WordPress dashboard update plugins to their latest version. At least the very important ones, like WooCommerce.
3. Through your WordPress dashboard switch your site to a neutral theme, like Twenty Seventeen.
4. If you made customization in the theme you want to update, make sure that customization is going to be moved to the new updated version of the theme. Otherwise you may loose it. If the customization was significant you may want to use the help of an experienced developer to properly move it to the updated theme version.
5. Download the latest theme version from Envato. Prepare it for the upload.
6. Delete the old theme in your WordPress dashboard or via FTP/SSH.
7. Upload the new updated version of the theme via WordPress dashboard or FTP/SSH.
8. Activate it (or child theme, if you use one) in your WordPress dahsboard.
9. Finish moving customization if any.
Please contact our support team if you encounter problems with your theme update.146
StoreX 1.12 update introduces a new map plugin called Google Maps Easy. It replaces the existing map output through Page Builder shortcode. It means that once you update your theme your existing map can stop working and will start showing a shortcode instead:
From the Blog section of our demo home page will also be showing just the shortcode after the update:123
How awesome is it to sit in a greatly built chair on a porch of a wooden house which stands right on the edge of a cliff? How great it is to sit at the super-comfortable table and passionately work on a masterpiece? You can hear multiple answers to these questions. But whatever they say, there clearly is no limit to perfection when it comes to furniture. And, thereby, there is no limit to perfection when it comes to a furniture WordPress theme.158